Subscribe To The Podcast
If you still need help, check out the links below
Just go to the individual blog post on your computer or smartphone, look for the media player, and click on the giant Play button. That’s about as easy as it gets.
All you need to do is download a podcast app (Apple Podcasts is already installed on iPhones) and search for the term Trucker Dump. There are a bunch of good podcasting apps for your smartphone. Some are free, and even the ones that aren’t are pretty dang cheap.
As an Apple fan-boy, I’m only familiar with some of the iPhone apps. If you have a favorite podcasting app, shoot me an email at TruckerDump@gmail.com and I’ll add it to the list. For now, here are some recommendations:
For iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch:
- Apple Podcasts – Free! – This app is already on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Easy to find and subscribe to podcasts. A great way to get started.
- Pocket Casts – $3.99 – I’ve been using this app for a long time and I highly recommend it.
- Overcast – Free! – One of the most popular podcast apps. Ad-supported, but the ads aren’t intrusive. Paid upgrade to remove ads.
- iCatcher! – $1.99 – Highly customizable and highly recommended by Trucker Dump listeners.
- Downcast – Jamawkinaw Enterprises” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Downcast – $1.99 – This is the app all the geeks are raving about. If Pocket Casts ever cheeses my taters, this is the one I’ll use. It has more features than any other podcast app I’ve tried, but I find it to be a bit more confusing because of it.
- Stitcher Radio – Stitcher, Inc.” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Stitcher Radio – Free! – This app does Internet radio and selected podcasts. Streaming only. Search for Trucker Dump or Todd McCann from the app’s search bar.
- TuneIn Radio – TuneIn” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>TuneIn Radio – Free! – Like Stitcher, this app does Internet radio and selected podcasts. Streaming only. An upgrade of $9.99 to TuneIn Radio Pro adds the ability to record and gets rid of the display ads. Search for Trucker Dump or Todd McCann from the app’s search bar.
If you have a favorite podcast app for Apple mobile devices, email me now!
For Android phones and tablets:
- Google Podcasts – Just search for Trucker Dump in any Chrome browser and you will have the option to automatically download the Google Podcasts app.
- Podcast Addict – Free! – Download or stream podcasts. Upgrade $2.99 to Podcast Addict Donate to remove ads. Thanks to @w9xxx for recommending this app.
- Pocket Casts – $3.99 – I haven’t used the Android version, but this is my favorite podcast app on my iPhone.
- Stitcher Radio – Free! – This app does Internet radio and selected podcasts. Streaming only. Search for Trucker Dump or Todd McCann from the app’s search bar.
- TuneIn Radio – Free! – Like Stitcher, this app does Internet radio and selected podcasts. Steaming only. A $9.99 upgrade to TuneIn Radio Pro adds the ability to record and removes display ads. Search for Trucker Dump or Todd McCann from the app’s search bar.
If you have a favorite podcast app for Android devices, email me now!
For Windows phones and tablets:
- Podcasts! -Free! – I know nothing about this app, but if Paul Thurrott recommends it, I trust it’s good.
If you have a favorite podcast app for Windows mobile devices, email me now!
For BlackBerry phones:
- The BlackBerry Podcast app is the only one I know of for BlackBerry users. I have no experience with the app, so you’re on your own there.
If you have a favorite podcast app for BlackBerry, email me now!
First off, please don’t. This is about the hardest way to listen to the podcast. But if you must, read on…
Click here to go to the podcast in the iTunes Store and once there simply click on the “Subscribe” button. Or you can always just search for Trucker Dump in the iTunes Store when you get a chance. Once you’re subscribed, the latest episode will automatically download into iTunes. You can change this behavior in the podcast Settings (the files are usually less than 50 MB):
- Open iTunes.
- In the upper left-hand corner, open the option tab and choose “Podcasts” (location will vary depending on your version of iTunes).
- Make sure you click “Library” in the upper-middle of the window.
- Click “Defaults” in the lower part of the sidebar to adjust settings for all podcasts. You can also set podcast-specific settings by clicking the podcast name and clicking the “gear” icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
You can listen to the podcast from within iTunes or by syncing it to your smartphone or mp3 player. If you don’t know how to sync to your specific device, Google it. There simply isn’t enough space on this Web site to cover all the variations.
This one is easy-squeezy. Fill-in the form below and click the “Subscribe” button to receive an email every time a new episode of the podcast or a blog post is released. There is also a subscribe box at the bottom of each blog post. And for the record, I’d never sell or give away your email address. If I do, you have my permission to train a vulture to eat my eyeballs out of their sockets.
Copy/paste the following URL into your favorite RSS reader or podcast player. If you’re furrowing your eyebrows in confusion over the term RSS, this method isn’t for you.