TD111: Improving Our Reputation As Truckers

Listen to the audio version above and subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Or enter http://abouttruckdriving.com/truckerdump.xml into your favorite podcast app.
Download the intro/outro songs for free! courtesy of Walking On Einstein.
Mystery Feedback Song – Only a cheater would click this before listening to the podcast! You aren’t a cheater, are you?
Photo by Tom Brandt via Flickr Creative Commons

Photo by Tom Brandt via Flickr Creative Commons

Sorry to do this to my handful of faithful readers again, but I’ve got a second post in a row that is largely audio. In the previous episode of Trucker Dump, I interviewed my nephew Jared about the time he spent in my truck.

In this show, I was able to take it to the next level when listener Steven Gorman joined me in my truck to co-host the podcast. So please have a listen by clicking the Play button at the top of the page. Also, be sure to let me know what you think and tell us how you try to improve trucker’s reputations by sharing your thoughts in the comments section below or by emailing me at TruckerDump@gmail.com.

Additional links from the podcast version:

@MikeTheDriver got me started on a rant with a tweet about a slow driver.

Stevens Transport

Steven mentions the Smith System, which is a driving safety method for truckers.

Correction from last week, Clive Hammett’s Twitter name is @Clive_Hammett.

Steven showed me a photo of his “Apple” watch. LOL

We discuss the Slushbuster product again that Greg introduced us to on the last episode. Greg is @RiverRatWA57 on Twitter.

Pat Smith @PatSmithF1 wrote me to point out another windshield wiper device called the Wiper Shaker. Here is a video about it.

I mention the podcast/blog post called, “TD95: 4 Reasons That Trucker Might Be Tailgating You.”

I was interviewed by Noah Davis for an article on Road & Track called “A Trucker Explains Your Worst Driving Habits.”

I have been writing articles for TruckerMagazine.com.

In the feedback section:

Greg @RiverRatWA57 sends an audio comment about yet another fuel bay incident.

Long Duck tell us about a fuel bay showdown with another driver.

Shannon @Holden657 gives his audio feedback about the podcast in general.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to TD111: Improving Our Reputation As Truckers

1. A-1 Freight System November 19, 2015 at 8:38 PM #

Being a truck driver is no joke. It is one of the jobs that will require a high competency skill in driving and safety. That is why it very fair to call those brave drivers reputable. They deserve every honor and respect that the society will give them.

2. CST Financial December 25, 2015 at 8:57 PM #

Indeed, being in this industry as a truck driver will never be a joke. It will take a great commitment to be an effective driver and provide a reliable service. That’s why we have to be always thankful to those drivers who are giving their best so they can stand with the challenges of their job.

3. Samantha December 26, 2015 at 8:20 AM #

I’d love to see what advice an experienced trucker would offer to four wheelers sharing the roads. I don’t drive a semi but I’m interested in it and hold truckers in high esteem. What are some do’s and don’t for us civilians to improve our reputation among truckers?

4. Phil Emmerton January 15, 2016 at 6:05 AM #

Great Post, as we known being a truck driver is not so easy. It is one of the jobs that will require a high capability of driving skill. Hats off for their great commitment and reliable service.

• Joycontainers March 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM #

Yes Phil, long distance driving + these monster trucks need a lot of attention and responsibility. Total respect for these truck drivers!

5. Erana July 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM #

Truck drivers are the lifeblood of most businesses all over the country and work so it’s good to see truckers are taking a stand for themselves and trying to improve their reputation. Keep up the good work!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 5 Acceptable Places To Wear Sweat Pants - Trucking Podcast - December 7, 2015

[…] was motivated to write this article after listening to the latest episode of Trucker Dump, a podcast about trucking. After an hour of Todd and his guest discussing how to improve the […]